Administrative & Development Assistant
Part time: 15 Hours per week
Office & Facilities Management:
- Serves as a first point of contact for the organization, answering phones.
- Maintains office equipment (phones, copier, etc.) Contract outside vendors as necessary for facilities maintenance and repair.
- Performs basic bookkeeping tasks including mail processing, mailing checks, making
- Maintains office supply inventory, orders supplies and ships packages when needed.
- Updates database in a timely manner when notified of changes to constituent name, address, email, telephone, marital status, or death.
- Performs general administrative support related duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Manages and ensures maintenance and accuracy of the donor database including but not limited to: all data entry on donor records is accurate, capturing notes as connections are made, queries and reports run in the donor database as needed. This position will be expected to be very knowledgeable with the donor database.
- Manages acknowledgment programs such as thank you letters, memorials, matching gifts and other donor stewardship.
- Captures and records new donors and lapsed donors for tracking reports.
- Enters non-cash and third party donations into the donor database.
- Creates a monthly donor report to be shared with the Executive Director.
- In partnership with staff, contributes to the design and implementation of protocols, policies, and procedures pertaining to the effective management of development operations.
An excellent candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years in a similar role, including responsibility for bookkeeping, administrative support and managing communication venues.
- Proficiency with Sales Force, spreadsheets and word processing. Quickbooks a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, flexible, team-oriented, comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and high integrity. Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including high comfort level in dealing with a diverse mixture of people, including clients, staff, donors, volunteers.
- Professional written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit fiscal management, accounting, development or similar preferred; commensurate experience accepted.
Hours & Work Environment
- Part Time – Up to 15 hours per week – Flexible on hours as long as they are consistent.
- Based at our office in Raleigh, NC.
- Small office environment with staff of 5. Our office offers the ability to social distance. Ideal candidates must take social distancing and mask wearing seriously both in and outside the office, during this current time.
Salary Range: $14-$16 per hour
Up to 15 hours per week.
Ready to Apply?
To apply, email the following documents to Jobs@DementiaNC.org by November 6, 2020.
- Cover letter describing your interest and how you qualify for the position (no more than 1 page);
- Resume (no longer than 2 pages);
- List of 2 or more professional references.
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. PLEASE use the subject line “Administrative & Development Assistant” in your email. NO calls please.
It is the policy of Dementia Alliance of North Carolina (DA-NC) to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. DA-NC prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.