In collaboration with leaders from across Dementia Alliance (DA-NC) the Communications Specialist will execute an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to support and advance DA-NC’s brand, inspire supporters, engage constituents and assist in achieving DA-NC’s strategic and development goals. This individual will be positive, entrepreneurial, and collaborative as a member of a small staff who interacts regularly with leaders and volunteers from across North Carolina.
- Demonstrate understanding of DA-NC’s mission and activities such that the individual positively represents the organization and brand with internal and external audiences
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and senior leadership, develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan to achieve DA-NC’s development, programs, awareness and events goals
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and senior leadership, develop and manage the annual marketing budget
- Manage and provide rich content targeted to strategic audiences for all DA-NC social media including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn pages and establish benchmarks for success
- Serve as staff liaison for the DA-NC Marketing Committee including Board of Directors representatives and other community leaders
- Develop, distribute and maintain all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, flyers, annual report, e-newsletters, and the organization’s website
- Develop compelling content through “storytelling” for DA-NC’s many media channels to engage supporters and advocate for the cause
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and senior leadership, develop targeted fundraising appeals and stewardship communications to key audiences through the strategic use of the CRM database
- Participate in key event committee meetings and provide marketing and communications support to signature events including the De-Feet Dementia walk series, Gala, and educational conferences and events.
- Develop and cultivate media contacts; prepare press releases, talking points, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Manage relationships with communications-related vendors or consultants
- Liaison with communications contacts at DA-NC’s partner health systems and other institutions for collaborative communications opportunities
- Collaborate with a communications support team, including board, intern and volunteer talent, to support the development and execution of the communications strategy
- Represent DA-NC at community events including health fairs, educational programs, corporate events
- Serve as key point of contact for photography and videography at all major DA-NC events and programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (journalism, marketing, public relations and/or communications preferred)
- 1 to 2 years of progressively responsible experience in relevant communications work
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism in high-pressure situations
- Proven attention to detail, editing and project management skills
- The highest integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
- Experience with emerging marketing tools (social media, customer relationship marketing), required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, required
- Experience with Sales Force, Constant Contact and Adobe Illustrator, preferred
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
Bonus Areas: These specific skills are not required for the position, but if you have them we want to know about it!
- Spanish-language skills
- Video editing
- Graphic design
- Event planning
Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000 based on experience.
Benefits to include: Health insurance, life insurance, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Office hours: 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional evenings and weekends required
- Occasional state travel required
Ready to apply?
- To apply, email the following documents to Jobs@DementiaNC.org:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position (no more than 1 page);
- Resume (no longer than 2 pages);
- Two writing samples
- List of 2 or more professional references.
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. PLEASE use the subject line “Communications Specialist” in your email. No calls please.
Applications will be accepted until September 6, 2019.