Dementia Alliance offers a variety of topics and is also happy to tailor a talk to meet your needs. From thirty minutes to all day, we are happy to work with you to create a program for your organization, house of worship or senior living facility.
Some of our general topics include (but are not limited to):
- What is Normal Aging? What is Dementia? What is Alzheimer’s disease?
- Who do we see to get a diagnosis and what does that entail?
- What are the different types of dementia?
- Caring for Yourself as a Caregiver
- Using Cues to Care
- Dining and Dementia
- Strategies for activities of daily living, such a bathing, dressing, toileting
- Learning skills to making communication easier for you and your loved one
- Making Visits Better
- Working With the Person Living with dementia
- CONNECTing with your loved one
Creating Moments of Joy
- Finding purpose and meaning when living with dementia
- He can’t do what he used to, what do we do now?
- Reducing stress by organizing your day
Transitions in Care Needs
- Building a care team
- What are our options so we can stay at home
- Levels of care assistance and how to find them
- Understanding our Options for extended care
Health Care Issues
- Pain and Dementia
- Dementia, Delirium and Depression
- Understanding behaviors by walking in their shoes
- Reducing your Risk
- Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- What Law Enforcement Officers should know about dementia
- Faith and Dementia
- End of Life Issues resulting from dementia
- Elder Abuse
Support Group Facilitator Training