Dementia Alliance Ambassadors are a dedicated group of volunteer leaders and dementia advocates who will engage and activate awareness about Dementia Alliance of North Carolina programs, services and events. They will be equipped with knowledge and tools to implement dementia awareness activities within their local communities and serve as a resource for families living with dementia.
Dementia Alliance of North Carolina is launching the Dementia Alliance Ambassador Program to deepen our commitment and footprint in communities across North Carolina.
The Dementia Alliance Ambassador program is our blueprint to establishing personal connections, building supportive relationships and partnerships for our communities. The goal of the program is to provide volunteer opportunities that provide education and promote mindfulness of the impact of dementia in our local communities.
What is expected of our Ambassadors?
- Attend initial two day training.
- Attend 6 month follow up training.
- Quarterly check-in with DA-NC.
- Documentation of volunteer hours.
- Engage the community in one or more of the following ways:
- Sharing information about dementia resources and events with your network.
- Display and ensure availability of updated dementia materials in visible community locations (churches, libraries, community centers, doctors offices).
- Inform and promote DA-NC sponsored programs, workshops and events through local channels.
- Giving Civic Group Presentations.
- Seeking opportunities and representing Dementia Alliance of NC at Health Fairs.
- Becoming a Support Group Leader (Additional Training Required).
- Coordinating logistics of dementia workshops in your community.
- Starting a dementia caregiver ministry in a local faith community.
- Volunteer at Dementia Alliance events.
- Participate and encourage attendance to local education, fundraising and awareness events, as applicable and appropriate.