Our Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Dementia Alliance of North Carolina, Inc., in active collaboration, support and partnership with the Executive Director, strives to establish Dementia Alliance of North Carolina as an exemplary organization, and a hub and focal point of service and education in the state for individuals and their families who are impacted by dementia
About Dementia Alliance of NC
Belief: We believe that everyone impacted by Dementia deserves the resources to have an optimal quality of life and hope until there is a world without Dementia.
Vision: A North Carolina where everyone impacted by dementia receives superior resources and care, meaningful support and an improved quality of life.
Mission: To improve the lives of all North Carolinians impacted by dementia, engaging and empowering them through support, education and research.
- Dignity & Compassion: we will treat everyone with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Engagement & Connection: committed to providing engagement and connection for families throughout the state so that they know they are not alone.
- Empowerment through knowledge & support: devoted to empowering caregivers by giving them knowledge and support to better care for their loved ones with confidence.
- Integrity: ensure accountability and transparency within our organization and with our donors and supporters.
What We Expect of Board Members:
- Passion and Support for DANC’s mission, work and values.
- Participation in most meetings and events
- Annual financial gift that is meaningful to you.
- Actively participate in decision making, ensure legal and ethical integrity, and maintain accountability and transparency to members, funders, donors, other constituents and the general public.
- Ensure that Dementia Alliance of North Carolina, Inc.’s financial structure and funding plans will adequately support its current needs and long-range strategy.
- Serve on at least one Board Committee or special workgroup each year.
What Board Members can Expect of Us
- Engaging board meetings to keep you informed.
- Tools to help you be the best ambassador for DANC.
- Responsiveness to questions and concerns.
- Providing me with regular financial reports and analyses and updates on significant organizational and personnel activities.
- Providing me with opportunities to discuss important organizational issues with the board chair and executive director as appropriate.
The Ideal Board Member
Our ideal board member isn’t necessarily a dementia expert, but someone who has a heart for our mission and a passion to help us grow the organization. This person also ideally has expertise in one or more of the following areas: finance, fundraising, legal, marketing, eldercare, grant writing, strategic planning, social media, caregiving.
We review applications annually in the spring. Please fill out the application and a member of our Board of Directors will be in touch to schedule time to meet. Filling out the application does not guarantee a board seat.