Marketing & Social Media Intern
Dementia Alliance of North Carolina is a local non-profit looking for a passionate, creative, and innovative volunteer to assist in social media marketing.
This is a 6-month, unpaid internship @10 hours per week. However, we can provide a stipend to cover travel and any work-related expenses. The intern will work closely with the Marketing Manager and Marketing Committee to implement our communications plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in Developing and implementing a social media strategy
- Updates the social media accounts with fresh content to improve engagement and outreach
- Conducts research to find articles and stories relevant to Dementia Alliance of North Carolina’s mission and vision and posts on our social media platforms to invite conversation and interaction
- Monitors and replies to conversation/interaction and encourages greater social media engagement.
- Identifies opportunities to influence public perception through audience engagement and publicly speaking about the brand’s social media strategy
- Tracks social media interaction and fanbase growth and provides communication team with monthly updates
- Provides assistance with special events
- Contributes to the team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Completes other digital media projects and research projects as assigned
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Understanding of social media KPIs, web traffic metrics and SEO
- Creative self-starter with a passion for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Experience with website maintenance and social media platforms
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral. Bilingual is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and be able to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with the team
- Able to bring your own laptop computer
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Experience working with social media content systems like Sprinklr or Hootsuite a plus
- Must have experience with Zoom and Google Drive Products.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Majors preferred: Social Media, Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, Business, Humanities or related major
Skills preferred: Social media, writing, creative thinking, critical thinking, curiosity, making connections
Ready to Apply? Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@DementiaNC.org by December 17, 2021 with the subject line “Social Media Intern’.